第十一节 美国总领事带队宣讲签证“秘诀”(下)
USE'D WITH THE PERMIS'SION OF BEIJING YOU'TH DAI'LY:
经《北京青年报》允许转载:
Con'sul Gen'eral Da'vid Hopper at Peking U`niver'sity (Part Two)
美国总领事带队宣讲签证“秘诀”(下)
(March 21, 2000) On 7th March, U.S. Con'sul Gen'eral Da'vid Hopper and three oth'er offici'als from the vi'sa sec'tion of the Ame'rican Em'bassy met with stu'dents at Peking U`niver'sity.
(3月21日)3月7日,在美国总领事贺德炜先生与三名签证官一行四人与北大学生的见面会上,
One of the offici'als pres'ented " Five Se'crets" for getting a stu'dent vi'sa:
一名签证官还“面授”了有关签证的“五大秘诀”。
Se'cret One: Get free, ac'curate informa'tion on apply'ing for a stu'dent vi'sa. Vis'it the U.S. Em'bassy web site (www.usembassy-china.org.cn).
秘诀1、关于免费获取申请学生签证的确切资料,可以上网(网址是:www.usembassy-china.org.cn)。
There is no charge for using these resour'ces.
这里的信息资源的信息都是免费的,
Why pay to get the same informa'tion from oth'er sources?
何必花钱去别处找同样的资料呢?
Se'cret Two: Be tho^'roughly prepare'd. Make sure you bring:
秘诀2、材料准备务必充分。面谈时要带上:
* Your I-20 form (or IAP-66 form)
a)I-20表(或IAP-66表);
* Your diplo'ma (s)
b)毕业证书;
* Your stan'dardize`d test score report's (TOE'FL, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, etc.)
c)标准的考试成绩单(如:TOE'FL,GRE,GMAT,LSAT,等等.)
* All let'ters and e-mail from the school, especi'ally those that discuss' schol'arships, assis'tantships, fel'lowships and oth'er forms of fi`nan'cial aid
d)美国大学发来的所有信函与电子邮件,特别是要带上那些有关你的奖学金、给你一份助教工作、含工作的资助以及其他形式的经济资助的信件;
* Ev'idence of fund'ing for your stud'ies (bank doc'uments, etc.)
e)经济来源证明(银行证明等);
* Your bus'iness cards (if you have a job)
f)你的名片(如果你有工作的话);
* Any oth'er doc'uments that you think might be impor'tant
g)你认为是很重要的其他所有文件。
Se'cret Three: A'nswer that ques'tions that are a'sked.
秘诀3、问什么说什么,不要答非所问,
Don't giv'e the vi'sa of'ficer a prepare'd speech!
不要背事先准备好的"演讲词"!
Here's an exa'mple of what to avoid':
下面则是需避免发生的情况的例子:
Vi'sa of'ficer: Hi, how are you today'?
签证官:“你今天可好?”
Ap'plicant: I'm going to stud'y chem'ical en`gineer'ing at X U`niver'sity.
申请人:“我打算去XX大学学习化学工程。”
VO: X U`niver'sity? I've been to the cam'pus man'y times.
签证官:"XX大学?我去过那里好几次呢."
Ap'plicant: I will sure'ly return' to Chi'na and fi'nd a good job with a ma'jor mul`tinat'ional com'pany.
申请人:"我毕业后一定回国,一定能在大跨国公司找到报酬优厚的工作."
VO: ( Rec'ogni`zing the disconnec'tion and ro'bot`ic tone ) So tell me, what col'or is the sky?
签证官:"(意识到无法沟通以及申请人机械的背诵)那么,今天天空的颜色如何?”
Ap'plicant: I was giv'en a teaching assis'tantship because' the school believe's my test scores and creden'tials are ex'cellent.
申请人:"校方已经给了我一份助教工作,因为校方认为我的成绩和证书都很优秀。”
These peo'ple are not commu'nica`ting, and the ap'plicant is not adva'ncing his cause!
此处,签证官与申请人未能沟通,这无助于申请人获得签证。
Se'cret Four: Tell the tru'th, If the vi'sa of'ficer thinks you're lying, you won''t get a vi'sa.
秘诀4、说实话。如果签证官认为你在说谎,那签证肯定没戏。
Se'cret Five: Com'e back to Chi'na.
秘诀5、回中国
we mean that in two ways:
这里有两层意思:
1) Com'e back to see your fam'ily and main`tain' your ties to Chi'na.
1)寒暑假期间回国,看看家人,
Keep up your friend'ships and profes'sional con'tact`s here.
与国内保持联系、保持友谊与业务的接触,
Stu'dents retur'ning on vaca'tion don't e'ven need to com'e in for an in'terview`; they can sim'ply use the drop-box ser'vice of'fered at man'y CITIC Bank lo`ca'tions.
学生假期回国再申请签证不需去使馆面谈,在中信实业银行使用"免面谈"服务即可。
2) Com'e back to Chi'na a'fter you grad'uate`.
2)毕业后回国,
Use those adva'nced skills and theo'ries that you learn in the US to make Chi'na a bet'ter place.
将你在美国所学到的先进知识用在祖国的建设上,把她建设得更美好。
Stud'y in France had a grea't im'pact` on the live's of lea'ders like Zhou Enlai and Deng Xiaoping.
当年在法国留学曾对诸如周恩来、邓小平这样的领导人的一生产生了很大的影响,
Will stud'y in the US have a sim'ilar im'pact` on the live's of Chi'na''s fu'ture lea'ders?
未来的中国领导人当中会不会也有留美的栋梁之材呢?
A'fter the speech by the vi'sa of'ficer, the four offici'als a'sked the stu'dents for an'y ques'tions they had.
这名签证官讲过之后,四位官员请同学们提问。
Un`prepared' for the switch to ques'tion-and-a'nswer for'mat`, the stu'dents were slow to com'e up with ques'tions.
由于对此无甚准备,开始时同学们的提问不太踊跃,
Con'sul Gen'eral Hopper interject'ed, with a touch of hu'mor,
总领事贺德炜先生打趣道:
"All ques'tions are wel'com'e.
“欢迎大家提任何问题,
If you a'sk a ques'tion we don't like, we won''t remem'ber you and ref'use` you a vi'sa because' of it, so rea'lly -- don't wor'ry."
不要担心提出了我们不喜欢的问题而被记住,日后就不给你签证了啊!”
The stu'dents la'ughed and began' to o'pen up.
同学们笑匣子也打开了。
One ques'tion was "Do we need to wear for'mal clothes to the in'terview`?"
有的问:“面谈时需要衣冠楚楚吗?”
A'nswer: No.
答曰:不需要。
Anoth'er stu'dent said he'd been in the U.S. for a month, so he won'dered if he could use the drop-box.
有的问:我去过美国一个月,可不可以使用“免面谈”服务?
The a'nswer was in the neg'ative, because' he'd gone to Ame'rica on a dif'ferent type of vi'sa.
答曰:不可以,因为二者属于不同类别的签证……
A'fter getting through all the ques'tions, Mr. Hopper pointed out that peo'ple seeking stu'dent vi'sas should apply' no ear'lier than 90 days before' the date when they must report' to their new u`niver'sity in the U.S.
所有问题答过之后,贺德炜先生还特意提醒同学们,申请学生签证不能在报到时间90天之前申请,
Vi'sa rules do not allow' of'ficers to is'sue` vi'sas more than 90 days before' the start of the ac`adem'ic pro'gram` the ap'plicant is enro'lling in.
因为签证法规定,签证官不能在学校开课90天之前发放签证。
FOR MORE STU'DENT VI'SA INFORMA'TION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
了解更多的留学签证的信息,请点击这儿。
肖氏拼音英语60分钟讲课稿 英语学习的革命
元音字母重读音节表 辅音字母读音表 注音举例
音素字母歌 肖氏拼音英语问题解答
《成功致富的十种能力》 《肖氏拼音英语及其输入方法》产品订购单
英语网校速成班招生、招聘 出国签证强化班招生、招聘
送你英语速成教材 合作办班协议书
学生学习心得体会
肖氏拼音英语多媒体教学软件免费下载。
肖码学习资料 上网学习资料
当代“仓颉” 独步荆棘 赤脚少年 地质断层
爱神之箭 背水战役 肖码行动 到美国去
买断旋风 码王聚会 四维属性 结语 荆棘路上
如果你还在购买纯净水,请访问此页
30万种书任你选,最低1.2折,最高8折,40城市送书上门
点击这里,让你的用户找到你!
网站流量变现金 寻求合作
返回首页 肖码发明专利转让 上网学习资料 肖码学习资料